Muskingum County Court
Violation Bureau Fine Schedule And Payment Information
The offenses listed below do not require a court appearance
Unless it is your third or more moving violation within the last twelve (12) months
If a personal appearance is necessary, bring with you proof of insurance as of THE DATE OF YOUR TRAFFIC VIOLATION. Proof of insurance may be shown with a form from your insurance agent or a current face sheet of your insurance policy.
Failure to pay or appear may result in your Driver's LICENSE BEING CANCELLED, Suspended, or an arrest warrant.
|4513.263||Seat Belt||As an additional count (same ticket)|
|4511.21||Speed||0-20 MPH Over Limit||$100.00|
|Speed||21+ MPH Over Limit||$125.00|
|4511.12 thru 4511.17||Traffic Control Devices||$115.00|
|4511.21A thru 4511.65||ADCA/Slow Speed||$115.00|
|4511.70 thru 4511.75||Miscellaneous Violations||$115.00|
|4513.02 thru 4513.262||Mechanical Violations||$115.00|
|4513.27 thru 4513.31||Safety and Load Violations||$115.00|
|4511.69F||Parking on a handicap zone||Must Appear|
|4511.66 thru 4511.69||Parking Violations||$110.00|
|4503.11 thru 4503.21||Registration/Display of Plates||$110.00|
|4510.12 (MM)||Expired Operator's License
(less than six months)
|2nd moving violation within 1 year||add $20.00 to amount owed|
|3nd moving violation within 1 year||$300.00 Bond and must appear|
- Include your ticket, and mail with check or money order, made payable to the Muskingum County Court, for the total amount due. If you want to receive a receipt, you must send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment.
- Include Proof of Insurance (if not shown to the officer). Proof of insurance is required by Ohio Law.
- You may pay by cash or with credit card (Visa or MasterCard
only) during office hours (8:00am-4:00pm M-F).
When the Court is closed, you may pay at the Sheriff's Dept.
- If you wish to appear or are ORDERED TO APPEAR:
You must appear on your court date at 8:45 a.m. You may enter a plea of Guilty, No Contest, or Not Guilty. A plea of Guilty or No Contest requires payment of your fine and court cost at that time. A Not Guilty plea will continue your case to a trial date.
- You can pay your fines online by visiting our Online Payments page.